Thanksgiving: the food-iest, carb-iest holiday of them all.
Then my husband made dinner. He cooks once a year (twice if I’m lucky) and I dream about his mac & cheese. It’s amazing and I eat a lot of it.
So, to review: there was a lot of food and I ate all of it.
I’m still feeling the effects of over indulging. What I’m doing this week to recover:
- Running: Two weeks until my 5K and I’m not letting myself skip any of my runs this week.
- I’m only eating foods that occur in nature for the next few days. That means no cinnamon rolls because they don’t grow on trees.
- I’m playing outside. In addition to all the food I ate this week, I pulled a muscle in my arm and spent a good part of the long weekend sitting on my couch doped up on pain meds. I need some fresh air.
- I’m going to start my day with hot water and lemon. I don’t know why it works, but it does!
- I’m going to be nice to myself. Maybe a manicure or a massage or something as simple as a long bubble bath with a good book. It’s hard to remember to take care of yourself when the holidays get better–but it’s so important!
How was your holiday? What was the best thing you ate?