I’ve been thinking a lot about motivation lately…probably because the weather is dreary and instead of working out, I want to eat warm things and hibernate.
Reasons I don’t want to exercise:
- It’s cold. And going to the gym would mean I have to take off my clothes and put workout clothes on.
- I don’t like getting up early.
- I’m busy.
- I’m tired.
- Have I mentioned it’s cold out?
- I have to make dinner/play with my kid/check Twitter again.
- There’s other people at the gym. They might look at me.
- Working out makes me sore.
And reasons I will anyway:
- Because I want my son to see fitness as a normal part of life, and not struggle with as I have coming to it late in the game.
- Because I want to boost my immune system. After getting mono last year and continuing to catch every cold, sniffle and bug that came along, I really need to work on making myself stronger on the inside, too.
- Because my dad died from complications of multiple sclerosis when I was in my early 20s, and I don’t want my family to go through what I went through during his long illness.
- Because I bought an adorable bikini from Athleta last year and I would really like to wear it.
- Because I want to be comfortable in my own skin, and right now I feel a little too stretched out in places.
- Because I want to have more energy. Nice weather is coming, and soon I won’t want to hibernate.
What are your worst excuses? And what are the reasons you ignore them?